+ Director, Collaborative Partnerships
LEANLAB envisions a world where all children are free thinkers well-equipped for the future. To realize this vision, the following is necessary: partnerships with the communities closest to schools -- parents, students and educators -- to inform and co-create new solutions.
Our mission, then, is to launch breakthrough education solutions, while building the dynamic community infrastructure required to accelerate the scale of such effective innovations.
Unfortunately, the fragmented landscape of our local education system -- defined by 15 separate school districts and over 20 independent charter school systems, serving all students within Kansas City, Missouri -- has created a significant barrier to scale for high quality innovations that demonstrate promise of improving student outcomes. This fragmentation also causes redundancies and massive inefficiencies across the region, resulting in the wasteful use of federal and state tax revenue and the diversion of time and energy away from students’ instructional needs.
Following, there is an urgent need to create a more collaborative and efficient education system across the Kansas City education landscape, if all of our students are going to experience high quality education.
LEANLAB Education is seeking a full time Director of Collaborative Partnerships. This person is an exceptional relationship builder, well versed in the unique nature of charter and traditional public school settings, who holds an unwavering commitment to building successful coalitions that benefit all Kansas City children.
In the first 12 months, this senior level position will:
- Conduct research and discovery work to evaluate all viable collaborative solutions.
- Complete a comprehensive diagnostic assessment of existing problems/ “pain points,” current procurement processes, and current inefficiencies experienced by area schools.
- Build a coalition of schools willing to participate in evidence-based and collaborative solution making (i.e. task forces, collective buying, incenting new innovations, etc).
- Design and execute a comprehensive and repeatable RFP process, allowing for increased collective buying for school services for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
- Oversee and execute at least 2 RFP/collective buying agreements that:
- Increase efficiencies across school systems and/or
- Increase access to teaching and learning solutions correlated with increased student achievement
- Design and implement an evidence based quality measuring system to evaluate the effectiveness of collaborative solutions.
- Build a community and culture that values both good-willed collaboration and evidence to drive decision making processes.
- Build exceptional relationships with school leaders across the region, and foster collaboration across geographic distances, charter/district schools and state lines.
- Build strategic partnerships with senior level school system leaders, non profit leaders and philanthropic funders within the local and national education sector.
Ideal candidates will exhibit the following skills, experience and qualities:
- An unwavering commitment to non partisan advocacy that will yield collaborative efforts, for the greater good of all Kansas City children.
- An unwavering commitment to and belief in LEANLAB’s core values of boldness, equity and human centered design.
- Prior experience managing RFP processes, and evaluating vendors.
- Experience managing, designing and operating within complex infrastructure systems; background leading complex operations across systems and/or background in organizational design.
- Experience successfully leading negotiations with multiple, diverse stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of public school dynamics, including charter schools and district schools.
- A background in innovation methods and processes, and familiarity with agile and human centered design processes, Lean Startup and Design Thinking.
- At least 5 years experience in public education.
- History of coalition and community building.
- Experience successfully leading teams and managing direct reports.
This is full time position and includes a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package. LEANLAB Education is an equal opportunity employer.