+ Manager, Innovation Programs
LEANLAB envisions a world where all children have access to effective and excellent educational solutions and are well-equipped for the future. To realize this vision, the following is necessary:
The invention of visionary, new solutions for public education. Deep and productive partnerships with school communities—students, educators and administrators. A process that elevates community voices in the co-creation of new solutions and the measurement of their effectiveness.
Our mission, then, is to launch breakthrough education solutions, while building a dynamic, community infrastructure required to support the scale of these effective innovations.
LEANLAB Education is seeking a full-time Manager, Innovation Programs to design and execute our innovation programs. This person is an exceptional relationship builder and master connector, enthusiastic about innovation and entrepreneurship, who holds an unwavering commitment to finding breakthrough innovations that support all children. This Program Manager will manage the K12 Fellowship program for emerging education entrepreneurs; this program is one-of-a-kind, supporting education entrepreneurs as they develop and pilot new solutions in complete partnerships with schools they seek to serve.
Build world-class entrepreneurship development program, accelerating the validation and growth of game changing education innovations built authentically with the communities they seek to serve.
In the first 12 months, this position will:
- Identify and recruit high-potential education entrepreneurs creating solutions aligned to the needs of LEANLAB Education’s pilot school network. Recruit world-class, education entrepreneurs from across the United States to work in partnership with identified pilot-school sites. Leverage existing partnerships with other education accelerators and partner organizations to source candidates for our education entrepreneurship fellowship program (K12 Fellowship).
- Design and lead a world-class, 6-month, education entrepreneurship program in partnership with the Interim, Managing Director. Lead a team of innovation program consultants to launch successful innovations developed in response to community needs. Adapt and refine the prior year’s curriculum based on strategic priorities of the organization. Coordinate the curriculum, speakers, mentors, and logistics for fellowship program.
- Create a “Scale Up” Program, supporting the spread of high-performing K12 fellows across partner schools. Develop a playbook of how evidenced-based companies can achieve scale, and design a program and process that helps proven LEANLAB alum spread throughout our partner school network and beyond.
This position is driven by outcomes, working tirelessly to meet the following goals within the first 12 months of this position:
Recruit and matriculate 6-10 high-performing education entrepreneurs into the K12 Fellowship program to build, validate and grow solutions aligned with our pilot school communities’ needs.
Design and execute a world-class K12 Fellowship Process
Design and Coordinate a “Scale Up” Process for Qualifying High-Potential Education Fellows
Be a successful brand ambassador for our organization, securing important local and national partnerships.
VALUES & COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate unabashedly believes in a Kansas City where all children have access to amazing learning opportunities. They believe that innovation is a key driver in accelerating student outcomes, eliminating barriers for our underserved student populations, and achieving and maintaining equity once and for all for our city’s children. They are able to maintain detailed records, building and using data management systems to analyze relevant data and ascertain trends that will influence future work. They are both an “artist” and an “engineer,” able to authentically empathize and listen to our community, while also engineering agile systems to best coordinate and catalyze the community to propel education innovations forward. They are able to build united and effective coalitions of schools that work toward implementing change. In doing so, they exhibit the following core values and competencies of LEANLAB:
- At least a Bachelor's degree and 3 years in education or social innovation preferred.
- Familiarity with iterative innovation frameworks, Lean Startup and Design Thinking.
- Experience working in or alongside startups preferred.
- Exceptional program design, project management, organizational and communication skills.
- Boldness. We are fearless, unafraid to push boundaries and chart new territory to transform outcomes for kids.
- Human-Centered Design. We design with parents, students, teachers—the humans at the center of education.
- Equity. Inequities in education persist. We work unapologetically to create just circumstances from which innovations are born.
- Initiative & Ownership. We take ownership of our work and the mission. We initiate new approaches, identify new opportunities and don't wait to be "told what to do."
- Meticulous Preparation & Professionalism. We plan, practice and prepare well in advance. We are proactive and anticipate barriers/challenges to mitigate. We sweat the small stuff. We are professional in our interactions and execution. We set a new standard for this work.
- Flawless Execution. We deliver high-quality interactions. We follow through. Our events and services are flawless. We thrive in high-stakes moments. We play to win.
Compensation This is full time position and includes a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package. LEANLAB Education is an equal opportunity employer.